Tuesday 12 May 2009

10 reasons why I am now a 'mOm'

I'm not sure quite at what point it happened - it wasn't a deliberate choice on my part - but it has struck me in recent days that I have stepped over the threshold from 'mUm' to 'mOm'. It's not just what was written on my Mother's Day card and, thankfully, the children still use the 'U' form, but at some point I seem to have morphed. See what you think......

  1. I drive an SUV (4x4) on mostly short journeys through the town and my cup holder is usually filled with a beverage from Starbucks or some other coffee or fast-food joint.
  2. I can order a "fat-free chai tea latte (grande, hot) and a cinnamon bagel with reduced-fat cream cheese, to go" without pausing for breath.
  3. Most days I use the 'drive thru' drop-off/pick-up option at school and only park the car or, even walk a couple of times a week. And I never go on foot to an ATM (cashpoint)
  4. My kids (not children) go to soccer (not football) and swim (no 'ing') lessons when they don't have playdates.
  5. Instead of dropping their 't's SE-London stylie, the children have replaced 't' for 'd'. Say compuder and wader.
  6. I send SMS messages from my cell (oh, and it's a blackberry, natch)
  7. I go to the grocery store
  8. I used to make biscuits, now I bake cookies (usually from shop-bought dough)
  9. I write checks for the rent
  10. And worst of all, last week I actually bought a half dozen Dunkin' donuts

I rest my case............

No comments: