Friday 30 May 2008

Crisis in the kitchen

Today has been a yo-yo day with heavy showers followed by blazing sunshine … could have been a metaphor for the childrens’ behaviour! We have had more tantrums and screaming fits (only one or two from me!) but also some nice playing together and a successful trip to our local ‘Tot Lot’ aka play park. Bit of a disaster on the culinary front tho………… I was delighted to have found a jar of pesto sauce in the supermarket last night as ‘pesto pasta’ (or pasta pesto if you are a Hosier of the Poole variety”!) is one of my stop-gaps with the kids. But it was disgusting and I couldn’t make the kids eat it as it made me gag so I ended up throwing it away and we just took the kids to MacDonalds as D came home early. A bit pathetic, I know, but am desperate to find something the kids will eat as so far the only thing any of them have said they liked was I eating a hotdog. Am full of hope for tomorrow spag bol – surely mince can’t taste different???? D and I are having salad every night which would be incredibly virtous if not followed by naughty icecream! We have high hopes for the Wilmette weekly French market in the station carpark tomorrow……..

No comments: