Saturday 31 May 2008

Steps in the right direction

We had a really lovely day today, hanging out with the Steinke family and the kids all really got on well which was a relief and meant D & I finally had a bit of R&R. I am now armed with information about where to go to buy food, etc. It was wonderful just to hang out with another family and amazing how at home we all felt considering only D had met them before. I'm sure you will be glad to hear that everyone ate their pasta without complaining tonight (phew!!), not least because they were worn out with running around all day... Looking forward to church tomorrow evening and I think we are going to the Botanical gardens in the morning. It was beautiful weather today and up to 80 degrees by late afternoon. It seemed a crime to put clothes in the tumble dryer but there's no washing line so I have no choice. I have promised I and E we will do some home-schooling on Mon as they are really excited at the idea of it so I guess this is where the rubber hits the road, as it were.... I am very aware that this is where I will really feel it as the schools go back in the UK and I still have all of mine at home. We are planning to spend more time with C on Wed/Thurs and we are going to hunt for the best beach to 'join' for the summer - you have to be members for most things here. I also plan to take the kids to the local park around half three most days this week as there is a primary school next door and am hoping this would be a good way of getting to know some local people. Am yet to summon up the courage to go and introduce myself to our neighbours (surprisingly, unlike on Desperate Housewives, no one has rushed over to bring us cupcakes to welcome us to the area!!!)

No comments: