Monday 16 June 2008

It's another beautiful sunny day in Chicagoland and all E wants to do is play on the computer! We went to the library this morning and that was all he wanted to do there, too! Fortunately we have a great library here with lots of children's facilities and you can even hire lots of children's DVDs for free. Have borrowed one for M about potty training hoping that at some point she night show some interest... I tried buying cheap nappies (aka diapers) hoping she would feel more wet but unfortunately she loves them because they have characters from a kids' tv show on them! I have a feeling she will be the only one of my children to start playgroup in pull-ups... We are struggling with home-school again this afternoon. I so couldn't be a teacher!

Tomorrow I have to go and change the car at the airport - we initially only booked it for 3 weeks hoping to find a better deal but it seems you just don't get anything off for a longer term rental. I'm really hoping we can keep the same vehicle as it would be a pain to have to get used to something else - plus we really like it. Even though it does only do a ridiculous 13 miles per gallon, it's fun chugging around town in a massive 4 x 4. I'm enjoying the driving as long as I stay clear of the expressways because there are roadworks galore and they just seem to be constantly jammed. D is working from home so that I don't have to take all the kids to change the car over which is fab as it also means I can go food shopping without them. I am gradually building up a repertoire of meals I can cook here but it is a bit frustrating not having all the equipment we have at home.

As you can see, D managed to find a photo of the Cloudgate structure. I will spare you the 100 plus photos Is and E took off the miniature railway at the Botanical gardens!

I have tired children today - church not finishing until 8 takes it's toll on them - so it's a quiet afternoon followed by storytime in the park and an early night all round!

1 comment:

Gail said...

It's fantastic to keep up with you all like this Emma, I check every day for a new post to your blog. I'm glad it all seems to be going well for you- we miss you! Gail
PS you write extremely well!